Before you start, you should already have a Slack account. Additionally, you should create channels that you plan to use for notifications in Slack before setting up the integration. Sleuth will ask for the Slack channel where it should send its notifications. You can create as many channels necessary to target notifications for individual environments.
- 1.Click Integrations in the sidebar.
- 2.In the Chat Ops > Slack card, click enable.
- 3.Click Allow to make the integration.
Adding a third-party integration to Slack must be authorized by your Slack App Manager. Slack allows you to message the App Manager directly from the Request to install dialog, as shown below. Once authorization is granted, you can proceed with the integration.
Adding Slack third-party integrations might require your App Manager's approval.
4. Upon a succesful connection to your Sleuth account, the message Slack enabled (Connected to workspace _<workspace name>_) is displayed in the tile.
To setup team notifications for a project see
To setup personal notifications for yourself see
- 1.Click on Integrations in the left sidebar, then on Chat Ops.
- 2.In the Slack integration card, click disable. The message Slack disabled is displayed in the Slack integration card once the integration is dissolved.
The Slack integration is disconnected and no longer available to any projects within that organization. Any project-level modifications you made to the Slack integration will be lost.