Integrating GitHub with Sleuth is simple. If you're setting connecting to a personal GitHub repo, you just need your credentials. If you're part of a GitHub organization and aren't the owner, you will need permission to allow Sleuth to connect to the repo (after you connect you'll be able to select individual private or public repositories).
If you are using GitHub issues to track issues, Sleuth will automatically discover your referenced issues once the integration is configured. You can still use other issue tracker integrations if you don't use GitHub issues.
To set up the Sleuth GitHub integration:
- 1.Click Integrations in the left sidebar.
- 2.Select Code from the drop down located in the top right.
- 3.In the GitHub tile, click Enable.
- 4.Select Code from the drop down located in the top right.
- 5.Select either All repositories or Only select repositories. Note that if you choose Only select repositories, Sleuth will only be able to see the repos you select.
- 6.Click Install & Authorize.
- 7.Upon successful integration, you'll see GitHub enabled (Connected as _<GitHub user account>_**) **displayed in the GitHub tile. You'll next configure the code deployment to connect your repo to a project.
You now need to add a code deployment for your GitHub repo to a Sleuth project. Once configured and you start registering deploys Sleuth will be tracking deploys for your code changes.
To configure the GitHub integration:
- 1.After step #4 above, you will be taken back to the GitHub integration tile. On the GitHub tile, click the Add code deployment dropdown.
You've added "only select repositories" and want to add more? Head to integrations (bottom left), click the arrow to expand GitHub and follow "Inspect" link
- 1.Click on Integrations in the left sidebar, then on Change Sources.
- 2.In the GitHub integration card, click disable. The message GitHub disabled is displayed in the GitHub integration card once the integration is dissolved.
The GitHub integration is disconnected and no longer available to any projects within that organization.