The CircleCI integration provides Sleuth with the ability to track your CircleCI builds and associate them with your corresponding Sleuth deploys. Once configured, the Sleuth CircleCI integration silently monitors your deployment activity, and ties your CircleCI builds with associated deployments you make to your integrated change sources by matching the git SHAs from your code repos. Sleuth then shows you a snapshot of your build state at the time of deploy.
To add the Sleuth CircleCI integration:
- 1.Click Integrations in the sidebar.
- 2.Click the** CI/CD** tab, then click enable in the CircleCI card.
- 3.Enter your CircleCI User API Token, then press Save. To quickly obtain your User API Token, make sure you're logged in to your CircleCI account, then click generate. You will be taken to the Personal API Tokens section of your CircleCI account.
- 4.On successful integration, you'll see CircleCI enabled displayed in the CircleCI tile. You'll configure the default build server later.
Sleuth CircleCI Personal API Token entry dialog
Generate a new CircleCI Personal API Token in your CircleCI User settings
The Sleuth CircleCI integration configuration simply consists of pointing the CircleCI integration to your projects that you want Sleuth to collect build information for.
To configure the CircleCI integration, you will need to set a default build server:
- 1.Click Integrations in the sidebar, then click the Builds tab.
- 2.Click the Set default build server dropdown.
- 3.Select a project to set as the default build server. You'll need to add a code deployment to the selected project if you haven't already done so.
Now that the CircleCI integration is configured, you will begin seeing information displayed in the Builds tab of a deploy, as shown below.
- 1.Click on Integrations in the left sidebar, then on Builds.
- 2.In the CircleCI integration card, click disable. The message CircleCI disabled is displayed in the CircleCI integration card once the integration is dissolved.
The CircleCI integration is disconnected and no longer available to any projects within that organization.