Datadog is a metric monitoring service that helps DevOps teams discover, triage, and prioritize their observability data in real-time. Before you start, you should already have a Datadog account and your environment setup and running. If not, head over to Datadog to get things started. Once you're done, return to Sleuth so you can complete setup of the integration.
To add the Sleuth Datadog integration:
- Click Integrations in the sidebar.
- Click the Metric Trackers tab, then enable in the Datadog card.
- If your Datadog servers' are in the EU, enable the My Datadog servers are in the EU checkbox. Leave this unchecked if you are unsure.
- Press Save.
The API Keys section of the Datadog control panel
API and Application Key entry in Sleuth
- Once the Datadog integration is successful, you will see Datadog enabled displayed in the integration card (as shown below).
- Click Add metric and select a Sleuth project that will collect the metrics Datadog generates. All projects within your organization will be displayed in the dropdown.
That's it! Sleuth will now start verifying your deploys health by tracking the values from your Datadog metric. Head over to the Dashboard to start seeing your data in action in the project and deploy health graphs.
- 1.Click on Integrations in the left sidebar, then on Metric Trackers.
- 2.In the Datadog integration card, click disable.
The Datadog integration is disconnected and no longer available to any projects within that organization. Any project-level modifications you made to the Datadog integration will be lost.