Browsing the Marketplace
The Automations Marketplace is categorized into 4 main "types" of automations:
- PR Checks analyze pull requests to ensure they conform to industry best practices, cutting down review time and improving morale by relieving reviewers of the onus of “policing” these best practices. Think of them as linters for your PR process!
- Notifications drive awareness and help teams respond quickly by automatically alerting them when Sleuth determines there’s something they need to know.
- Actions provide a variety of simple, targeted automations across your software delivery tool chain, like automatically transitioning or commenting on a Jira issue to let stakeholders know immediately when a code change they care about has deployed to its target environment.
- Workflows provide powerful automations that can evaluate multiple conditions and execute complex actions across that tool chain. The example I love to use here is auto-promoting a build from Staging to Production once Sleuth determines that it’s had a good soak. Sleuth can do that because it knows exactly when that change hit that environment, it knows the status of all of the monitoring tools connected to that environment, and has the ability to trigger a build in your integrated CI/CD platform.
In addition to the 4 automation types above, automations are further tagged by the following dimensions. Simply click on the corresponding items in the left-hand navigation of the Automations Marketplace to filter automations that match these tags:
- Category describes which aspects of your software delivery process each automation is designed to improve.
- DORA tags allow you to search for automations designed to improve a specific DORA metric (or sub-metric). Sleuth also uses these DORA tags to suggest specific automations in the context of your unique bottlenecks.
In addition to the above tags, you can also search across all automation titles and descriptions using the free-text search box: