Datadog is a monitoring service that helps DevOps teams discover, triage, and prioritize their observability data in real-time. Before you start, you should already have a Datadog account and your environment setup and running. If not, head over to Datadog to get things started. Once you're done, return to Sleuth to complete the setup of the integration.
To add the Sleuth Datadog integration:
- Click Integrations in the sidebar.
- Click the Incidents tab, then enable in the Datadog card.
- If your Datadog servers' are in the EU, enable the My Datadog servers are in the EU checkbox. Leave this unchecked if you are unsure.
- Press Save.
The Datadog API Key and Application Key can be found under Integrations > API, as shown below. Or, you can click on the generate link on each field, which will take you directly to their page in Datadog where you can then generate the keys Sleuth needs to complete the integration.
The API Keys section of the Datadog control panel
API and Application Key entry in Sleuth
- Once the Datadog integration is successful, you will see Datadog enabled displayed in the integration card (as shown below).
- Click Add monitors and configure which Datadog monitors that Sleuth will track.
- Configure impact source by choosing the severity threshold of monitors to track with Sleuth. Incidents with matching or lower severities will be considered a failure in Sleuth. It is also recommended to enter a monitor query to scope the monitors Sleuth tracks.
Integrations are made at the Sleuth organization level and are available for all projects within that organization. Individual settings for integration are made at the project level.
- That's it! Sleuth will now start tracking triggered monitors declared in Datadog.